A quick go-to dinner. Can be made with almost any meat. I often used ground. Works perfect for lettuce wraps. Try replacing the onion with thinly sliced fennel.
Optional: spice this thing up, with a dose of your favorite chili paste/sauce.
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1 tablespoon garlic
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 lb flank steak
1 yellow onion
2 large green onions
- Slice the beef thin and cook with a bit of oil (your choice) and the yellow onion (cut into petals) in a medium saucepan. Set aside when done.
- Make the sauce by heating 2 tsp of vegetable oil over med/low heat in the same pan. Don't get the oil too hot.
- Add ginger and garlic to the pan and quickly add the soy sauce and water before the garlic scorches.
- Dissolve the brown sugar in the sauce, then raise the heat to medium and boil the sauce for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from the heat, add beef back in. Toss
- Serve with rice, top with green onions